|The SSSTS provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site. |
SSSTS Training Course progression
This Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and supervisors.
SSSTS Training Course Aims
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties and
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
And at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inspections, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry.
To include the following:
- Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
This course also includes recent changes in accepted working practices.
For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
The course is accredited by CITB - Construction Skills
Click here for the SSSTS Refresher Course
Want to progress further? Site Managers Click here for the SMSTS Course.
|Please Note: Upon successful completion the certificate takes between 4 and 8 weeks to be posted to the delegate. |